Social selling…what is it? What’s the importance of it? Why should I use it?
Social selling is the process of developing relationships as part of the sales process by using a brand’s social media channel to connect with prospects and develop a connection with them. This often takes place via social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, but can take place either online or offline. Social selling (when done correctly) generates better quality leads, increases pipeline and boosts win rates and deal sizes.
Social selling is a new approach to selling that allows salespeople to focus their prospecting and establish rapport through existing connections. Social selling allows your business to zero in on prospects via social media and build rapport with them.
REMINDER: If you have not yet incorporated social selling into your funnel, you’re likely losing business to more social media savvy competitors.
- Engage with your audience (the more you engage with people, the higher your brand presence will be).
- Pay attention to what your ICP is saying.
- Create relationships. This is important! These relationships could result in a sale.
Did you know?
💭 76% of buyers feel ready to have a social media conversation. Identifying prospects that meet your established criteria – such as role, function or industry with LinkedIn has never been easier.
💭 98% of B2B enterprises see value in social selling, but only 49% of them have developed social selling programs.
💭 48% of companies identified expanding reach to new buyers as a benefit of social sales.
78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers.
So you’re probably thinking…why as a business should I care about this?
- Social selling helps your sales team build real relationships
- Your customers (and prospects) are already engaged in social buying
- Your top competitors are likely to already be social selling
If this topic is an interest to you then feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com we’d love to have a conversation with you about it as this is a hot topic in our office right now!